PADDLES constructive criticism always appreciated! :)

 PADDLES


(Pong creepypasta)


Written by BobTheBuilderAC



As a video game freak, I always loved trying to experience games that released before I was even born! Being born in the 2000's was kinda cool, but I always thought the 70's, 80's, heck even the 90's were some of the best times the world has ever seen. So much stuff has been invented, the video game industry is at it's peak, & more importantly, video game collecting is a hobby, which is what I do.


I remember however one moment in my life that kinda freaked me out, and that was when I tried getting my hands on a Pong console. I mean come on. It's just a pong game. What about pong is so scary?

Let me explain.

One of my friends gave me one of his Pong consoles that he had in his closet. He told me he didn't need it anymore so he thought I could use it for something. Of course I took it. He was my friend after all. I went home and opened the box he gave me which simply read, "TV Game". I open the box to find a machine that apparently is called, "Paddles TV Game 402." "What a dumb name for a Pong console" I thought to myself, & hooked up the system to my TV.


The system on boot up made a beep noise with text on the TV screen saying, "PADDLES." I assumed that was the name of the game, heck the system is called, "PADDLES TV Game 402" after all. I started a round, and overall it was pretty fun and almost exactly what I expected for the first round. The game played as normal and I won.


In the 2nd round I noticed the colors of the paddles & the ball were getting a tint more of red. I kept playing thinking this was all for graphics to make the game look nice. I'm already at the 3rd round and the paddles and the ball are at the reddest they can possibly get. It's the reddest red I've ever seen in my life. There was also this weird pixel glitchy noise coming out of the system. (The speaker was on the system itself. The sound does not come from the TV.)


The 3rd round ends being 2 to 1 so far. The 4th round starts and the system makes a very loud blaring noise. Like the static sounds of a TV but bit crushed. The ball was also going lightning fast this time being darker than the 3rd round, as well as the computer player on the right of my screen. It was so fast,

I couldn't even keep up with the ball and the CPU ended up winning. "This is cheese. This is absolute cheese," I thought to myself. The game is now 2 to 2 and the 5th round begins.


At this point I didn't even care about the creepy factor because now the cpu's paddle turned into a whole freaking wall. I couldn't even score once. The noise was getting a hint louder and more static was blaring from the TV. The game kept going like this until it crashed.

I didn't know what happened so I restarted the machine just to be sure my game wasn't broken. There is only one paddle, which is me. text started appearing saying, "Turn it off," and "Turn it off now," over and over which I didn't do. I kind of just fidgeted with the paddle going up and down rapidly until something happened.


The system makes one of the loudest, ear piercing sounds I have ever heard in my life. Static was exploding on my TV with the same 2 sentences being said more rapidly. I tried to keep going but I could handle it no more.


I turned off the machine & the TV.


It was at this point I didn't know what to do with this "Paddles TV Game 402" thing. I could've put this thing out of it's misery and smash it to a million pieces. But I didn't do that. Instead, I put it back in the box and made a label saying, "DO NOT PLAY," and stuck it on the box, which I now leave in my own closet.


I called my friend the next morning telling him what my experience with the system was like. He apologizes that this happened to me and also apologizes about scaring me, which I told him he did not scare me, but I forgave him and we are still friends to this day forward.


I hope I can do some more research on this demon that came to my doorstep. I think my nightmares are gonna be solely on this "Paddles TV Game 402," for the rest of my god damn life.

FIN

Comments